Thursday, June 29, 2006

Final Night in Arkansas

Only one of the Sergeant Majors showed up. He looked tired and beat. The airline lost his luggage. He wanted to go to APPLEBEES of all places! OK, ok I *like* Applebees, but I go to Applebees at home. Know what I mean?? So we were all standing in the "common area" of the barracks and I say "Um, do you mind if I take a rain check?? I had made plans to go to Gauchos with a bunch of friends....." chirp chirp chirp (sounds of crickets in the background) SFC Restivo comes to my rescue and says "Oh sure, that's fine..."

So. We are sitting in Gauchos. I am sitting next to a guy who is sitting directly across from Lisa, my friend from Arizona. We are all chatting, drinking our drinks and waiting for our food. I hear the guy next to me ask Lisa if she had ever had any cosmetic surgery. Without missing a beat she tells him she had implants. It is very apparent that Lisa has implants. Any idiot can tell. She is a very vibrant sexy woman and doesn't mind showing off what she has. She is not a sleaze. However, it is no secret she is well endowed. So I wasn't surprised at her answer but was taken aback at his question. It was obvious what he was driving at. My eyes got big, my mouth fell open and the took my hand to raise my chin and close my mouth in a very apparent gesture to show her my consternation! She took it all in stride and veered the conversation in another direction. Some mother's children.

Later at Gauchos, the Georgia contingent arrives, sans Sergeant Major. I thanked Restivo. He said no problem, the SGM was VERY tired and called it an early evening. We finished up and got ready to leave. Then a really weird thing happened.

Now I am not going to pretend that I haven't been hit on... and I am not going to pretend I am the prettiest thing around either. However...(shakes head) sometimes you get hit on in a very unusual way and it is just kinda weird. We were all standing around waiting to pay our respective bills (after I prequalified the waiter for enlistment into the Guard, and he is interested) This boy...ok I know he is a man, but good grief...I could be his MOM. Anyway this kid stands there, gets this dreamy look, reaches out and touches my hair. I was so startled I just kinda froze. He says "I just had to touch your hair. I see you everyday and your hair is just...so perfect. It's so shiny and straight. It never looks frizzed. You have beautiful hair." Blink blink blink. I mumbled something about having great hair. I got the good hair gene from my dad and the Colombian side of the family. I excused myself and went to the bathroom. To admire my hair. LOL just kidding.

I know it was harmless, but it was a wierd moment. I was discussing it with Lisa and the two guys we rode with. Lisa got why it was a weird moment. The guys didn't. They thought I was being too sensitive. I said "Ok Jonesey, what if a girl you had NEVER noticed comes up to you and says 'oh, I just have to tell you... you have great legs ..' or whatever??" I didn't say hair because he is bald as a cue ball. He laughed and said he would love it. Ha! so much for men. I can't explain it except to say that it was weird in a worship kinda way. Like a guy who has a foot fetish and he is in love with a particular girl's feet so he steals one of her shoes! LOL!

Well it is late and I am NOT tired. Very excited about going home. Next time I write it will be from GEORGIA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

If you had stayed there any longer I would have warned you to hide the scissors! :)

Hope you made it home ok and get some time with your dear family...

Friday, June 30, 2006 2:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home