Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Week Four

I had a GREAT weekend with husband and the kids. The motel was perfect! We had a blast playing tourist in Memphis even with all the rain. It was so good to see my husband. It was just as good to see the kiddos. Daughter was so excited. She jabbered on and on. I just sat and ate it up. Son just sat very close to me and waiting until I caught my breath. He is growing up so very fast. He is such a handsome sweet guy. I love it. It was painful to say goodbye on Sunday but I had to remember that in just 12 short days I would be home.

I rode tearfully back to the base. I took my time since I had nothing planned but to sit in my room. It made me think about the soldiers in Iraq waiting to come home. They fight so hard and so long, then they come home for a brief two week leave. After that they return to fight some more. I don't know how they do it.

I get migraines. I never had one until I was pregnant with my son. I remember growing up, that my mother got them. Hers were really acute type migraines. First she would lose her sight...literally. She would lose sight for about 15 to 30 seconds, but at that point she knew she had about 15 to 20 minutes before the migraine would hit. If she was driving she would head immediately home. Sometimes the migraine was mild and other times it was quite severe lasting several days. She was hospitalized with one particularly acute migraine. She would isolate herself in a dark room with no noise and pray the pain and vomitting would stop.

Mine are very mild in comparison. I usually get an excruciatingly painful headache on one side of my head. The eye on that side gets very sensitive to light and I get nauseous. It feels as if one side of my body is in sheer torture, while the other side is fine. The first time I got one I didn't know what was wrong with me. It scared me to be in such pain with no obvious cause.

Monday afternoon I began to get a migraine. I went back to my room, took some meds and went to sleep. Tuesday I woke feeling pretty good, but was wary of the migraine coming back. It did. I took some meds and studied as best as I could since we had three pretty important tests scheduled for today. I woke this morning (Wednesday) and ran 2.6 miles with the platoon. I did pretty well. I am still bringing up the rear but I never stop and never give up. Slow but steady wins the race, hooah. I took some tylenol after the run hoping to stave off another migraine to no avail. I gave my presentation with half my head feeling as if hacking it off with an axe would make it feel better. I did really well even so. Whew, I passed the other two tests so a heavy load is off my shoulders. The migraine has abated a bit...but it is still there. Stress; what a lovely thing!

Well, this week is winding up quickly and soon I'll only have a few days left here. Thank you God! I miss my family so much.

4 Comments:

Blogger SGT Lori said...

Brian, usually females suffer from migraines, which leads me to believe that it is a hormonal thing...
I will be so glad when this is done. Thanks for the well wishes!!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

Yeah, the eyes give you the tip of what is to come. It's a vascular thing I am told.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Wow, you must have been very happy to get some quality time in with the family. Whats Memphis like? Isn't that where Elvis Pressley is buried?

My name is Michael, and I am the editor of "Western World Politics". After over a year, we have recently
moved address to

http://thewwp.blogspot.com

We are a politically and socially conservative website that makes no apology for its pro-family, pro-American and pro-freedom
stance. Please feel free to check us out sometime, as we are keen to forge links with like minded bloggers and writers.

Regards

Michael

Monday, June 26, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I can't imagine doing all you do and having migraines too! You go girl! Won't be long and you can sleep in your very own bed! :)

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home