Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday!!!

We were released early today so that we could have a "Class A" uniform inspection. Here is a picture of the Class A's.

It's a funny thing about donning the Class A's, you stand a little taller, feel a little more proud of being a Soldier. Each of us were admiring each other. Of course the big joke was my uniform and medals, or rather the lack of ribbons or medals. Since I am prior service Navy...I don't have many. The Navy is notorious for not giving out ribbons. Most of these guys have ribbons going almost all the way up to their shoulders. I have TWO!! LOL. In the Army, just coming out of boot camp earns you two ribbons. LOL. I have a Good Conduct Ribbon and a Humanitarian Award. That's it. I will have to work on my unit to help me get squared away in that department.

I snapped some pictures, then discovered that I can't download them to my laptop. sigh. Since this is a government issue laptop, I won't mess with it trying to get it to work. Our inspection passed pretty quickly. I was squared away with no gigs or hits on my uniform. Pretty easy considering I don't have much ON IT! LOL. So I am ready to go for graduation in 3 weeks.

My husband called me last night a few times. Son is spending the weekend with cousins and baby girl is home with daddy and he is lonely after he puts her to bed. I don't blame him, it's lonely here every night.

I went out to eat with my friend and then we went shopping. I bought a cute top and two pairs of shoes. She bought some jeans, a top and shoes. I am normally not a shopping kinda girl. Seriously. I am what I call a power shopper. If I NEED to go shopping for clothes or shoes I go in a store take a quick look. If I don't see what I need, I leave. In and out in as little time as possible. I never try anything on, I just buy it off the rack. If I get it home and it doesn't fit or looks awful I'll return it later. I despise just browsing endlessly through stores. Unless it is a bookstore... :-)

I went shopping once with my MIL and my SIL. My husband warned me beforehand...he said I didn't understand what was involved. He said "You will be gone all day.... you will be in and out of stores allllll daaaaay." I said I could handle it. So from 9:00 am to 10:00PM(!!!) we were shopping. I thought it would never end. We not only went into every store in the mall, we went to several malls! They tried things on, several times...and the kicker? THEY NEVER BOUGHT A THING!!!!!!! How crazy is that? I got home with this glazed look in my eyes. My husband said "I told you so." He grew up having to endure those types of shopping trips. I swore I would never go with them again and I haven't in 5 years.

I am a tom boy. Yeah I am feminine, but.... I like to wear make-up and paint my toe nails and keep pretty nails. I like to dress up and wear jewelry but... I love to camp, rough it, fix things and generally think more like a guy. My baby girl?? I say we are going shopping and she gets this dreamy voice and repeats the word "shopping" drawing it out and with much love! It is hilarious. She is a girly girly. God has a sense of humor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You'll have racks of those ribbons in no time :)

Monday, June 12, 2006 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

Rayman, yes the Amry does give out medals more freely than the Navy or MArines, but it would be nice if the Navy or Marines were not so stingy.
Yankeemom, so there is hope for baby girl!! Yippee!
Kim, thanks for the encouragement. I plan on pursuing more ribbons very soon! It *is* a source of pride. I always make a point of noticing a soldiers ribbons especially combat earned ones. The earned them...they deserve a little preening over.

Monday, June 12, 2006 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Alucard said...

You ain't kidding that you think more like a guy sometimes. I haven't heard a lot of females say, "If I NEED to go shopping for clothes or shoes I go in a store take a quick look. If I don't see what I need, I leave. In and out in as little time as possible." :)

LOL

Saturday, July 08, 2006 1:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home