Saturday, March 11, 2006

Day 8 Continued

We continue to make great progress with our instruction. I am listening very carefully and learning quite a bit. Indeed, as our instructors promised, this is a specialty in which "Attention to Detail" is critical.

After each block of instruction we take a test. After our test we get a prolonged break to wait until every test is graded. I happened to be able to speak with a soldier who is ex-Navy like myself. After enlisting his unit sent him to Warrior Transition Course. Definition as follows:

Warrior Transition Course Effective: 1 Oct 04 all prior
service Air Force, Navy, and Coast Guard personnel, including their reserve
components who have not completed a US Army BCT course or WTC or US Marine
(USMC) Basic Training Course are required to successfully complete WTC
conducted by the US Army within 180 days after enlistment into the Army National
Guard or Army Reserve. The Warrior Transition Course will provide our Army with
trained, disciplined, motivated, and physically fit Soldiers who respond to
leadership, are focused on teamwork, demonstrate the warrior ethos, and espouse
the Army’s core values.The purpose of the Warrior Transition course is to
transition active and prior service Navy and Air Force enlisted personnel to the
Army, as well as retrain prior service Army personnel who are not required to
attend Basic Combat Training. The course is taught at Fort Knox and focuses on
the Warrior Tasks and Warrior Drills.

This would be an excellent course for me to attend. It would really help me to get up to speed. The SGT I spoke with said "When you get to that course, you'll remember my name and cuss me each night!" He laughed a hearty deep throated laugh. Maybe so. The Navy had a course like that but it was for only 2 weeks. Ha! Well so far I know one thing, the NAvy didn't have to tighten up about Military bearing, but the ARMY does it right! Hooah!

I saw MSG Flirt at the chow hall during breakfast and lunch. Sigh. He says hello everytime. I have tried to ignore him. Maybe I am just being paranoid and he is just trying to be nice. What do you all think??

1 Comments:

Blogger sparrow said...

I think a woman's intuition is a wonderful thing.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home