Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Formation Day 1 Continued

Standing in formation we clear up some Army business. We are assigned a class leader and into squads. We are told to fall out and muster in the class room.

As we are seated in the class the instructor asks for volunteers to carpool people who have no vehicles. A dozen hands shoot up and I am surprised at people's eager willingness to volunteer! The instructor selects 6 people and then lowers the boom. Those of you who have vehicles and are NOT carpooling shall park their vehicles on the otherside of the post. Well no wonder everyone was so willing to volunteer!

More good news follows; not only have we been assigned to the very old open bay barracks, but we are required to have lights out by 2200. PT will be held three times a week on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays to commence at 0500. Not "be there at 0500" but to begin at 0500 so make sure your tired rear is in formation and ready to PT PRIOR to 0500. More good news, anyone whose home unit is in MOB status (getting ready to deploy)...those people are on "Lock Down", no leaving the base. Uniform of the Day, everyday, even weekends.

We are released and I go to the barracks to unpack and make my bed. I am very tired and put off my trip to Wal-Mart by one day. Instead I decide to use my last night of Liberty by going to an all you can eat Chinese Buffet (most excellent) and then to a Books-A-Million to buy a couple of books. Our barracks has NO TV lounge, so I buy Bleak House and Memoirs of a Geisha for reading material. I also have limited internet.

I spent the night freezing to death because I failed to buy my sheets and blanket. Hooah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You'll be used to doing PT that early in no time! Hope you get that blanket...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger sparrow said...

Dang Lori... and it was COLD there last night! Hey, ya know what? It can only get BETTER! I'm having a ball reading these updates!

Thank you.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home