Tuesday, March 07, 2006

School Day 1

My unit scheduled for me to attend an Army school for two weeks in Alabama. I was very excited to attend. The report date was scheduled for Saturday March 4th, 2006. I got my things packed and my car loaded for the trip. I drove to the Post and checked into admin in my PT gear as directed. I filled out paperwork, was weighed and hieght measured. I was assigned my barracks, linens and cut loose until 1430.

Oh, did I mention open bay barracks?? This means 50 soldiers assigned to a large open room. I haven't stayed in an open bay barracks since Boot Camp in 1983. Sigh.

The "linens" are thread bare. The bottom sheet is basically a large "sock" that I had to stuff my mattress into. The Army wool blanket has holes. I wrote "Go to Wal-mart to buy sheets" on my to do list. We reported back to formation in our BDU's or ACU's at 1430.

More to come.....

2 Comments:

Blogger sparrow said...

Wow... I've missed you! Can't wait for the rest of the story seeing how it's the 7th...and you reported the 4th... for two weeks.

My how time flies! ;)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

No news on the goast farm yet, still looking

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home