Friday, March 10, 2006

Day 4: It's getting easier

I woke at 0500 and I felt GOOD! No headache and not bone tired. I check my feet and discover I have some blisters. Oh well. Sgt Nichols asks if I am going to chow and I respond "Affirmative". We walk to chow and we get to know each other better. Sgt Nichols is Army reserve and works in a great unit. She is an E-5 filling an E-7 position. She is going up for E-6 and should get it. She is a college grad, had done ROTC but decided she did not want to go officer. She is very squared away. She is athelic and loves to play basketball. This is the young YOUNG sergeant I told you about. She loves her mama and misses home. :-) Her mother is two years younger than me. It is SO REFRESHING to meet such a well rounded young person.

Chow was same as it is everyday for breakfast. I had raisin bran for reason that shall remain unmentioned. With all this walking you would THINK I wouldn't need to, but I think that I haven't been drinking enough water. Note to self: slow down on the coffee and drink more water.

Lots of instruction today, but we had good class participation. I am making mostly 100's, Hooah! It is not as boring as I thought it would be. "Just keepin it real" as my new compatriots would say.

During lunch several of us (7) decide to make the long trek to the PX (Post Exchange). We decide to take a "short cut" through some woods that will cut about a mile out of our walk. We are confronted with a creek with steep banks. We spot a pipe that fords the creek. After eyeing it for a few seconds (I was game) the concesus is to wade through the creek in our combat boots. The creek was pretty shallow and my feet stayed dry much to my surprise. Guess these girls had forded a creek or two before! :-)

After chow at supper, I headed back to the barracks to relax and hit the sack early. Tomorrow is PT at )500 and I do NOT think they will cancel it again. I fall asleep missing holding my sweet 3 year old daughter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Thank you for posting your stories! Hope things move along for you very soon ;)

Friday, March 10, 2006 1:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home