Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Day 11: Some Observations...

As things are moving along and developing people are forming little groups. At first it was females and females combining to form little groups, and males doing the same. NOW it is males and females and the groups are sometimes getting so small there are only two in the group. Hmmm.

There is a young soldier in the class who is prior service Navy like me. However he reeks of it. LOL. I reek of civilian but I am rapidly losing the smell. :-) He is clinging to it. He wears his hair long for a military cut, it is typical Navy. He talks about the Navy all the time. "We didn't so that in the Navy.... We did this in the Navy." We are planning a class party for Friday I am in charge of the details. SGT Colson said "Oh SGT Fields you know how it goes, I am Navy, I won't miss a party!" He is right. Sailors KNOW how to party. Hmmmm, maybe that's why I was selected to plan the party???

Anyway we also have a new instructor. (nice looking too). He was giving SGT Colson a hard time. SFC Jones (another instructor) had told him that SGT Colson was prior Navy but Colson didn't know it. So here comes this new instructor who says "I *know* you're prior Navy..." Blew SGT Colson's mind! LOL

I saw the instructors in the chow hall and approached the new instructor and said "You are going to have to leave my Navy boy alone now SGT." I smiled and he laughed. I told him I was ex-Navy and he got the biggest grin. He said "Don't tell SGT Colson you told me. I'm gonna string him along for awhile. I 'm gonna tell him I think you are prior Navy too." Oh no, poor Colson.

This morning we can in and SFC Hansen walked over to where Colson was sitting. I pretended to busy myself (typing this) and watched as SFC Hansen told SGT Colson he suspected I was ex-Navy. Colson got this dazed look and said "She is!" Hee Hee. I wonder how long this SFC will play this out. Poor Colson.

1 Comments:

Blogger sparrow said...

Ha haaaaaa!

Poor kid.

So these groups are getting smaller huh? And wedding rings are disappearing? Hmmmmmmmmm. Ironic, isn't it?

;)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home