Tuesday, August 15, 2006

WTC

Well, yesterday was my birthday. I am old. Let's leave it at that! :-)

Sunday the girls in my circle of friends and family (all 10 of us) got together for lunch and a movie. We met at Sweet Tomatoes at 2pm, ate until we were stuffed and then drove to the big 24 screen theatre nearby. It was my choice of movie since it was my birthday. I chose to see World Trade Center.

Wow. My eyes were still red yesterday! I cried through just about the whole thing. Oliver Stone did an OUTSTANDING job. I won't give the movie away because EVERYONE should go see this. There is a section of the movie that involves two Marine Vets and everyone in the theatre cheered. Everyone clapped when the movie was over. It is just a really good flick.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pelican4 said...

I saw WTC a few weeks ago. They had some pre-release screenings for USAR teams and firefighters that responded to the scene. I felt there were some shortcomings to the movie, but the images of ground zero were dead on. I was surprised at how I felt like I was inside the pile again. Hollywoood still hasn't been able to recreate the inside of a building fire (seeing absolute darkness doesn't do well on the big screen) but they sure nailed this one.

Happy birthday Lori. Do the clocks still chime?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:09:00 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Morning Lori,

They just had an item in the newspaper this morning about one of the Marines who was unidentified. He came forward with pics of ground zero after he heard about the movie.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger yankeemom said...

Happy Birthday, Sgt Lori!! may you have a grand year of contacts who turn into soldiers, without too much craziness. ;o)
I haven't seen WTC yet ~ but I'm so glad to keep hearing that Oliver Stone kept it true.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger My Music Highway Project said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Guardsman said...

SGT Lori,
What are the chances that you and I would blog about the same movie on the same day?! Weird!

I liked the movie and Stone didn't put in his usual anti-America BS - you're right that everyone should go see it.

-Guardsman

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

Pelican, I am not sure what you mean about the clocks. ???

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger Pelican4 said...

Just an old birthday memory that involved staggered chimes on grandfather clocks.

Monday, August 21, 2006 3:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home