Tuesday, August 15, 2006

WTC

Well, yesterday was my birthday. I am old. Let's leave it at that! :-)

Sunday the girls in my circle of friends and family (all 10 of us) got together for lunch and a movie. We met at Sweet Tomatoes at 2pm, ate until we were stuffed and then drove to the big 24 screen theatre nearby. It was my choice of movie since it was my birthday. I chose to see World Trade Center.

Wow. My eyes were still red yesterday! I cried through just about the whole thing. Oliver Stone did an OUTSTANDING job. I won't give the movie away because EVERYONE should go see this. There is a section of the movie that involves two Marine Vets and everyone in the theatre cheered. Everyone clapped when the movie was over. It is just a really good flick.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Shayna said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger SSG Guardsman said...

SGT Lori,
What are the chances that you and I would blog about the same movie on the same day?! Weird!

I liked the movie and Stone didn't put in his usual anti-America BS - you're right that everyone should go see it.

-Guardsman

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

Pelican, I am not sure what you mean about the clocks. ???

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home