Sunday, August 06, 2006

three for three

Well the weekend is over and I am feeling pretty good. I was able to line up three of my Prior Service people for physicals. They all passed and all three raised their right hands! SWEET! They were so excited afterwards and it was contagious, even through the hours of paperwork I had to do to finish up processing them. I worked 13 hours yesterday and 5 hours this afternoon. However it felt really good to finish everything up. My NCOIC is really proud, told me to take two days off this week. I will.

I have another prior service guy that wants to get in. I will work him and find two Non-Prior Service or NPS people to put in. It is REALLY hard finding NPS that are qualified.

I want to get to 200% of mission for Aug-Sept-Oct. I want to take leave in November, December and attend PLDC school in January. I have to have PLDC to make E-6. So I need to put 6 people in a month for three months. Then if I only get 2 in a month for Nov and Dec I am still ok. Also if I kill myself now getting people in, I can hone my skills and get really good at this. So far, these PS people have fallen into my lap. That won't keep on happening. Know what I mean?

8 Comments:

Blogger John said...

SGT Lori -

So, will you be going to WTC? Thanks for the great posts!

John

Monday, August 07, 2006 8:21:00 AM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

Yep, WTC (formerly known as PLDC) in South Carolina. I want to make E-6

Monday, August 07, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Shayna said...

Sounds like you are working your bum off... :) -shayna

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hmmm...are you going to WLC? I understood that Warrior Transition Course (WTC) is only in New Mexico.

Thanks!

John

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

So are you saying...Hispanics shouldn't be allowed in the Military? Bad things happen everywhere. And I will guaran-damn-tee you these men will get more punishment through the Army than they would have ever received in a civilian court. Ever heard of Fort Leavenworth? They will never see the light of day again.

Shayna, yes I am very busy. I turned several down yesterday but got several good prospects too. I am enjoying this.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

John you are right, that was a typo. WLC. The WTC is the 5 week transition course (I would love to attend)at Fort Knox. They may have it in New Mexico as well. I am going to the reserve 2 week WLC course in South Carolina.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:05:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Gotcha! Yeah, the word is that WTC has permanently moved from Ft. Knox to the NMARNG. Just FYI (if you aren't aware), www.military.com has some great forums on a variety of mil. topics. It has been a big aid as I explore joining the KYARNG.

John

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

So John, you haven't enlisted yet because...why?? ;-)
P.S. I have the PERFECT spot here for you in Georgia! (big grin)

Friday, August 11, 2006 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home