Saturday, July 29, 2006

Odds and Ends

Spent the morning housecleaning. I have hired two girls to come in twice a month to do general housecleaning. I field-dayed daughter's room and the livingroom. Both rooms were filled to over flowing with toys. OK, I exagerate but I just hate clutter and both rooms were cluttered with her toys. I boxed them up (she never plays with them!), put out the rocking horse, Barbie house, Little People Farm in an orderly fashion. She plays with those three things alot so they stayed.

I am getting antsy. I had to turn in my computer to automation. It wasn't able to "replicate" or connect with Big Brother Server and upload my recruiting activities. Hence I was unable to make packets (permanent enlistment records) for any of my prospects/applicants. I will get my computer back Monday. Greaaaat. The day before the caca hits the fan I get to try and input all my info, cross my fingers and hope it is right. I was hoping to get it Thursday or Friday and have all weekend to make a stab and then have a seasoned recruiter check it on Monday. Oh well.

I found some ACU material to make valences for my office. I also have a collection of sayings to print and frame against a background of warriors. Here are some of them:

Kill a Commie for Mommie (old, but... so am I)

Happiness is.... a belt-fed weapon.

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.."
Lt Col Bill Kilgore (Robert Duvall) in Apocalypse Now

"Don'tbe a fool and die for your country...
Let the other sonofabitch die for his!" General Patton (attributed)

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." Genral Patton

“It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.” Abraham Lincoln


“In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace. " Sun Tzu, The Art of War


That's about it. Just anticipating the beginning of the school year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home