Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Busy times

Well, August 1st is fast approaching and I will be very busy. I will *try* to blog, but no promises.

I have been getting much better at pre-screening prospects. Most of my applicants have a good shot of making it through MEPS.

I continue to work-out hard. Monday we had PT together as a unit. I kept up pretty well. When it came to running back to the unit I was out of energy. I didn't quit and walk...but I had no steam so sprinting was out of the question. SO... I got a series of work-outs called Turbo Jam and did the first work-out this morning. While I did work up a sweat.... the Army could show these people a thing or two. This will be a good supplement to my routine now. It will help me build up some cardio endurance but it cannot replace anything I am doing now.

I am getting more organized and getting into a groove. I have been visiting the schools and talking to counselors. At the first school I came loaded down with "goodies" like desk calendars, wall calendars, lanyards, pens etc. I murmured "Beware of Trojans bearing gifts..." to the sergeant accompanying me into the school and he roared with laughter. The schools are VERY appreciative of any help we can give them. I am looking forward to working with the students.

More appointments with prospects, more heartbreaking stories. My resolve for reaching these kids before the bad choices increases each day.

I get to take a few days off before the onslaught. I plan on spending a ton of time with the kids. My husband will be attending a conference in Atlanta, so I am scheduling picnics, pool time and plain old fashion fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Good Luck!!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home