Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lining 'em up

I have three people lined up to enlist next week. Wow, next week! Then I need to really work my schools since the school year starts Aug 4th. I have met most of the counselors who are really receptive. I am very excited.

I tell ya, it will be hard to find people for my unit. They are being very picky. I can COMPLETELY understand. If I could pick and choose who would serve next to me in Iraq or elsewhere, I would be very selective. So I *am* selective about who I am recruiting. However, they are being overly picky. They want to look 'em over! If I am talking to a prior service person they want to look at their DD-214 and meet them. Like I said, while I can understand that.... I am concerned that they are going to get really picky and not give anyone a chance.

Other recruiters for this area would put anyone with a pulse in. They said they had a recruiter that put 100 people in a unit up north and only 4 of those showed up for the deployment. YIKES!

I am meeting a lot of people, making lots of phone calls and things are smoothing out. I am told that August and September are crazy. We shall see.

4 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Do they check out the teeth? It seems like it would be harder to recruit in the current military, than in the past. Maybe that is just my perception, but the people I am in contact with on a daily basis don't talk about the war, just about the cost of living. They don't see the connection. Maybe Dewy could help out?

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Dale B said...

"If I am talking to a prior service person they want to look at their DD-214 and meet them."

I can see the DD-214. I assume that you would need to see it anyhow. But, an interview? Never heard of such a thing.

Dale B

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger cryptofreq said...

that person that put a 100 in? i bet he paid people to join just to meet quota..

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

CF: He put in a 100 over a period of years. :-)

Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home