Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lining 'em up

I have three people lined up to enlist next week. Wow, next week! Then I need to really work my schools since the school year starts Aug 4th. I have met most of the counselors who are really receptive. I am very excited.

I tell ya, it will be hard to find people for my unit. They are being very picky. I can COMPLETELY understand. If I could pick and choose who would serve next to me in Iraq or elsewhere, I would be very selective. So I *am* selective about who I am recruiting. However, they are being overly picky. They want to look 'em over! If I am talking to a prior service person they want to look at their DD-214 and meet them. Like I said, while I can understand that.... I am concerned that they are going to get really picky and not give anyone a chance.

Other recruiters for this area would put anyone with a pulse in. They said they had a recruiter that put 100 people in a unit up north and only 4 of those showed up for the deployment. YIKES!

I am meeting a lot of people, making lots of phone calls and things are smoothing out. I am told that August and September are crazy. We shall see.

1 Comments:

Blogger SGT Lori said...

CF: He put in a 100 over a period of years. :-)

Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home