Sunday, September 03, 2006

Too Much Stress

I went to "sick call" on Friday. I live more than 50 miles from the nearest base so I can go to a civilian MD when I am sick. I got a cold from my daughter while in Savannah. In fact I thought I had bronchitis or maybe pneumonia. I was given a prescription and advised bed rest. "You are under a lot of stress, Lori. You need to get off your feet for a few days, take it easy and get plenty of rest."

A lot of strees, indeed. I croaked out "I love my job" to which he responded that he knew that but it didn't matter. My doctor is also my brother -in-law. He was a Navy MD for three years after he graduated from Medical School. He said that going from being a stay at home mom and being around my children as much as I was then getting a job recruiting (also a 24/7 job) was putting a lot of stress on my body. It has been a major change.

So, for the rest of Friday and all day Saturday I stayed in the bed taking my prescription and resting. I slept hard. I feel much better today although I am still hacking and coughing. I did some minor paperwork and scheduled an interveiw for Tuesday. I will probably reschedule the interveiw for tomorrow depending on how I feel. I would like to get her paperwork into MEPS so she can test and then physcial on Friday. We shall see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hope you are feeling better...
and thanks so much for posting the picture and description of the females dress uniform! It really DOES need another makeover, doesn't it? LOL

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home