Wednesday, November 09, 2005

PT

Physical Torture.

Well I knew it was coming. I knew it was inevitable. My PT test is coming up in December. Am I in shape? Let me put it this way: I am a 46 year old mother of two who has had an office job sitting on her can for over 4 years! Can we say flabby? I see the ads for cosmetic surgery and I pay ATTENTION! Tummy tuck anyone? GEE now I KNOW what to spend my enlistment bonus on! LOL.

Joking aside, I am out of shape and badly need to get to the point where I can have a halfway decent score on the PT test. So I looked up the standards online for my age: At my age I need to run two miles in 23 minutes, 42 seconds.

So, I think to myself, PEICE OF CAKE! I can WALK 2 miles in 20 minutes. To just make sure this is the case, I map out two miles close to my home and I decide to time myself "walking". 30 minutes later I finished my speed-walked 2 miles. I got back home and my legs felt like Jell-O. I drank 20 ounces of water and about 30 minutes later I had an attack of diarrhea! My body was in full revolt against this sudden change of habit. I will have to admit that it felt good to be "cleansed"! :-)

Today I woke pleasantly surprised that my legs did not hurt. I got out there again and I pushed HARD, walking and running when I could. This time, I was more keenly aware of my body. The slapping together of my thighs had a rhythmic sound and was in harmony with the jiggling of my belly. However, I shaved 4 minutes off my time. I am still not in passing range! So now it has become a challenge. I will not only get into passing range but I am determined to get a 100 score on the run. This means I need to run two miles in 17 minutes 24 seconds. I CAN DO THIS!

I am not terribly overweight. I am 5'5" and 140 pounds. I am guessing; but I bet my body fat is 30% or more. I am resolved that I can lose 20 pounds and get my body fat down to 15%. I don't think running alone will do it so I will add some bodyweight exercises. I particularly like John Peterson, Author of the Miracle Seven. I had built up to 200 Atlas push-ups a day but.... that fell to the wayside. Now I need to pick it up again.

1 Comments:

Blogger SGT Lori said...

Thank you! I am down to 24 and a half minutes.

Monday, November 14, 2005 10:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home