Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pakistan

I woke this morning to log on (we don't have TV) and read that they suspect over 18,000 are dead due to the huge earthquake in Pakistan. EIGHTEEN THOUSAND People dead in one fell swoop. One man's eyewitness account said he thought it was judgment day. Indeed.

I am curious to see if we send in troops to help. I surfed through several blogs, the news, and the Army's page, but didn't see anything posted. Yet. My guess is that our administration will send troops. It will be a good humanitarian thing to do and after Katrina, would be an excellent way to shore up support for Bush.

I know my unit won't/can't deploy so I won't be going, but inside there is this feeling that I should be going. "SEND ME! PICK ME!" My heart goes out to those people. I have read a few accounts and they are heart rending. I cannot imagine losing your entire family only to have your daughter die in your arms just as you reach the hospital.

So as I sit here drinking my cuppa coffee, my family sleeps as the sun is silently rising outside... I am grateful, and thankful, and appreciative of all we have in each other. Life is fleeting. And we are indeed a much blest people.

I think I'll hug my kids a little tighter today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Army Girl said...

I know a few chopper pilots that are over there..

Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home