Friday, November 10, 2006

What happens TDY...

Stays TDY. Or so I have heard. I have also heard that TDY stands for Temporary Divorce for You. Hmmm. Apparently quite a few people take that seriously. I won't throw ayone under the bus but I have to say...wow. The first night I was there I went down to the hotel lounge/restaurant, ordered a glass of wine, read my book while I waited for my to-go order to be filled. I got hit on by three different soldiers.

The second night I had dinner with another soldier and his wife and the girl that works in marketing. The CSM joined us and had a drink. We all left to go to a popular night spot and had a few drinks then returned to the hotel. I went to my room ALONE and before midnight. The NEXT day, the very next day my NCOIC SFC Ranger calls me, asks me how the conference is going, asks me if I am behaving "Like you aren't going out getting drunk with the CSM, right???" HUH?

I said "Weeeellllll, now that you mention it...." and I told him the real story. He chuckled and I was astonished. Dang news travels fast! I cornered him when I got back to find out about who was gossiping. He laughed and said he was just checking up on me. He said he knows I behaved.

I was awarded a Ka-Bar knife with my name engraved on it! Very nice. My husband was jealous.

I'll post more later but I am very tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

After being TDY with many different folks my opinon of them has changed. Sometimes for the better but other times for the worse. The large percent of people aren't bad when TDY but there is that percentage who are.

Monday, November 13, 2006 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

I won't even talk about the trip to the Virgin Islands. A MAJOR and a SERGEANT MAJOR had to resign when they returned!!!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home