Monday, October 09, 2006

New Army tagline

The "Army of One" ad campaign is no more. Thankfully. I never liked it anyway. It implied that you can be your own person....and you can, but the implication in my mind was of selfishness instead of selflessness, of individual focus instead of team focus. whatever...I didn't like it.

So recently when the Army decided to change its' Ad campaign I was happy! And I anxiously awaited its' new Ads. Well its HERE!! You can go veiw it, download it, send it to your friends. Let me know what you think.

How did I get an advance copy?? I didn't look for it. They found me. Kinda scary. I recieved an email addressed "Note to Miltary Blogger". Hmmm.

5 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

I don't think anyone really liked the Army of One slogan anyway. Im not sure what I think of Army Strong but the ad is cool. It has kind of a movie theme with the music and all.

Monday, October 09, 2006 7:55:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

Yeah, the music was like Lord of Rings-ish. Of course the first thing my husband said was "Oh 'Army Strong' kinda like 'Ford Tough'..."

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger SC said...

Ok after some reflection I think "Army Strong" is kind of stupid.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I hadn't seen that yet. Thanks for sharing!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger MajorDad said...

Wow..apparently I haven't hit their radar scopes yet...I didn't get the info that way...had to rely on AKO to provide me this little gem.

I think we should have a campaign that uses the great-grandparents of the current enlistable age kids as a motivator. Talk to remaining members of the Greatest Generation and have them talk about what caused them to enlist and or serve. Better hurry! These guys aren't getting any younger. As a matter of fact, I'm headed to NJ in a few weeks to help my grandfather celebrate his 98th birthday! He's probably the reason I served...and I'm glad he had that influence on me.

See you on the high ground...

MajorDad1984

Sunday, October 29, 2006 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home