Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Green Again

I have read this a million times. This Marine puts into words, perfectly, why I want to serve my country once again.

Quote:
.... to answer a question many people have asked, including the worshipful Red State Rant blogmaster and my life-long friend, Lance: Why? After all, I’ve already served my country, “paid my dues,” or “done my time,” as some say.

To that, I have this to say: Serving my country is not a 4 year contract. It is a life-long commitment. Nor is it a “due” to be paid like some cheap membership fee. It is a deeply personal obligation. And it is certainly not “time” that has to be “done” like some felony prison sentence. It is nothing short of an honor that I hold in the highest regard, an honor that I must prove worthy of, an honor that must be earned every single day.
End Quote.

I highly encourage you to go read the entire blog entry. Brought me to tears.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

That's pretty true there. Growing up with a dad in the air force, I was instilled with the reasons why I should appreciate the country I live in. And most importantly, appreciate those who serve to protect it.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home