Friday, March 23, 2007

Playing catch-up


Lets see....Went and saw "The 300" at the theatre about a week ago. FANTASTIC movie. Best movie I have ever seen? No. Will it win Oscars? Probably not. Worth going and forking over big bucks for tickets and way too much money for drinks and munchies? ABSOLUTELY. I would go see it again, and plan on buying the video. Hubbie can't wait for the X-Box game they will probably make!! LOL. Loved the Spartan version of Hooah. Loved all the six packs. Yelled with glee when the Queen stabs the Jerk.

Legs are still sore. I really pushed myself too hard and probably injured my foot and leg. Oh well. I am having my husband adjust my foot and that helps but I fear I did some real damage. I need to buy new tennis shoes and start running shorter distances ESPECIALLY since my PT test is coming up shortly (May).

I got all my schtuff in for my promotion packet. I should know in a coupla weeks if I made E-6. My NCOIC said "As soon as you are on the list I'm promotin' ya. Got it?" Got it! So... I need to go buy some E-6 insignia for my uniforms. Is that bad luck??

Recruiting for me has slowed down. Helping the new guy and going away for two weeks took some air out of my sails. I have three lined up for next week. I took two down this week and one was a QNE (qualified/not enlisting) for the GMS (Georgia Military Scholarship) and the other didn't pass his ASVAB. The QNE will enlist once he finds out he has been awarded the scholarship. We should know something Monday. The other one will retake his ASVAB next month and should do better.

I have a lot in my hopper but none that are really ready. I am spending a lot of my time at my schools which is paying off, but many of them can't enlist until June. They will be 17 and a Junior.
Went to a loan officer today. Sigh. We want to build a home. I am not sure I am up to this pressure. And they say recruiting is tough?? Try agreeing with your spouse on how you want to build a house.

My NCOIC will be pinned for E-8 next Wednesday!! I am so excited and so proud for him. He really deserves it. He is *such* a great guy. OK, he is an ASS at times....but overall he really is a great guy. I don't always understand his methods but I do understand his reasons.

Well all that Military Bearing from WLC is wearing off. So I bought some propaganda, uhem, I mean, reference books on leadership. One I am reading comes highly recommended. The Three Meter Zone, by JD Pendry CSM USA. I have just started it and it seems to read like some of the textbooks we were issued at WLC. The reveiws promise that it goes beyond that so we shall see. I also bought Small Unit Leadership by Col Dandridge Malone, USA Ret. Who names their child Dandridge??

Well it's official. I am old. I never thought I would see the day I would say that but here it is. I am getting "older" and I am pretty active ESPECIALLY for my age. I am amazed at how out of shape some people let themselves get... however I was told that I am too old to go to Iraq. One of the sergeants in my unit said "You don't understand SGT Fields! You're too old. You wouldn't last a minute!" I begged to differ but he stopped me in my tracks and said " You don't get it. I don't care how good a shape your in. Iraq is a whole different ball of wax. If you are over 40 you're too old." Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home