Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rogue

Finally 0500 and time to get up. I didn't bother with make-up since we would be running PT. I was dog tired from only getting around 4 hours of sleep. SPC Colbert and I groaned from lack of sleep as we dressed for PT. I donned the too large gear and went outside where SGT Caldwell began to laugh hysterically at me. It was bad enough the shirt and shorts were three sizes too big, but the XL Long jacket swallowed me up to the point that the jacket came to my knees. SFC Ranger found another jacket in a XL so it wasn't quite as long. SGT Caldwell was still poking fun at me when he said "I'll never get to say this again but... I can honestly say SGT Fields was all in my pants!" Hoots and hollars go up and I reply "Yeah you're right...that's the *only* time you'll *ever* get to say that!" We all laugh and the shout goes up to head on out to the college.

We all loaded up into our vans and headed over together to the college gym. EVERYONE else was in the PT long pants and jacket except the "X-Men". MSG Important pulls aside SFC Ranger and whispers something to him. SFC Ranger replies "Some of our team didn't have the long pants so if we are going to be wrong...we are ALL going to be wrong together. Hooah!" Wow. I mean wow. This meant a lot to me. We assembled in formation and the teams began to report...again with the "THE X-MEN ALL PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR!" I was beginning to like this. Seems our team has a *lot* of spirit and pride. We get ribbed about "being Superheroes" but it is all good natured.

I glance to the front of the formation and I spot the new Sergeant Major in PT gear..... shorts and a jacket! I had to chuckle to myself. Maybe he didn't have pants either. I doubt it. He puts out the word that we are to have a urinalysis or a drug test. We line up, males on one side of the hall and females on the other side. I am first in line and gladly so, the coffee I had earlier was screaming to come out! ;-)

The rest of the morning and early afternoon is spent listening to lectures and a tour of the campus. We are (finally) released from lectures at 1600 to go change into PT gear and participate in "Team Building" events on the campus. We played tug-of-war, volleyball and basketball. The X-Men won some and lost some, but we had a great time. Suddenly it was time to leave. I packed my few things, said goodbye and left for home.

The drive back was uneventful and I reflected on my new team. I really liked them and am anxious to go ahead and start.

Last night was spent cuddling my children until bedtime and then my husband gave me a luscious and looong back rub until I fell asleep next to him in the bed. I was so tired and he let me drift off to sleep. I will have to repay his kindness tonight! ;-) wink wink.

So. The X-Men, hmm? I did some research on the X-Men and found this website. I also did some research on Rogue. Actually, she *is* pretty cool. That's her on the right. SGT Caldwell asked me if Rogue wears spandex and I said that she did at home. LOL. Boy does she wear spandex, just look at her!! Apparently each of the characters has quite a history including Rogue. You can read her story here. Her vitals are 5' 8' and 120 pounds, brown (with a white stripe) hair and green eyes. I am no where near any of that except for the brown hair! Her powers are: drain off portions of a living beingā€˜s essence upon physical contact, giving them a biophysical shock while synthesizing into her body their physical skills, memories, personality traits, and superhuman matrixes to a varying degree....


AWESOME!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You are so awesome! I couldn't imagine having to do all that then go home to the hubby and kids! You go girl! :)

Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

PS. You are exactly Rouge in my mind!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

I'm not so sure that draining a living being's essence is a trait that does well in recruiting. ;)

Friday, May 05, 2006 2:55:00 AM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

LOL! I know what you mean, but I looked at it this way...I drain their civilian self and they assimilate into a soldier. Hmmm.....

Friday, May 05, 2006 6:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home