Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Back Burner


I have some things cooking around here and I have neglected my website. Sorry.

I have a Board soon for a position in the National Guard. It would mean fulltime. Yippee

I am scheduled to attend school June 2006 in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I have stayed breifly in Bowling Green. Beautiful country up there. I am looking forward to the trip.

I got my radios installed in the house and in the car. I have a really cheap antenna on the car so the reception isn't so great. I have ordered a nicer one and it should arrive next week.

We had a tornado scare last Friday night. We had hail, lots of high winds but the tornado passed us by, thankfully. This spurred me to getting my ham radios up and running. I could have tuned into local hams reporting to the NOAH station in Peachtree City about the conditions here. I could have also reported any observations since I also belong to a local emergency net. I am also looking into setting up a "weather station" here in the yard. Nothing fancy but some items to help measure wind velocity and direction, rain guage, etc., etc.

My son is officially 11. He turned eleven in March but we had his birthday party April 8th. We had a hoola hoop contest (he came in second), frisbee throwing contest, and kite flying. Everyone loved the kites. I bought about 12 cheapie kites, put them together and handed them out to the kids. Of course the parents wanted to "help". LOL. It was a lot of fun even when the sky opened up a deluge on us all. My sister gave him a nice set of golf clubs and lessons in June. He was pretty excited. I hate golf but... my husband is a pretty good golfer so I am sure they will have fun.

We almost bought a ferret. Almost. Josh wants one in the worst way and I love them myself however, "Dad" has weighed in against any furry indoor animals. Ferrets do stink, even with their musk glands removed so I can understand his prejudice. We stayed for a long time at the pet store and the kids got to play with a puppy. Of course they wanted to take him home but at a $700 price tag (I kid you not) I said "HA!, no way." I bought a $12 collar (Georgia Bulldog pattern and design) for our Heeler "Dutchess" and left with two very unhappy children in tow.

We put a "for sale" sign on our land. We have got quite a few calls, but no offers. Hopefully we can sell it SOON and buy a farm. We shall see.

I ordered some new name tapes for my uniform. I have washed my ACU's WITH the tapes on and now they are crinkled and wrinkled looking. I can't go before the board looking crinkled and wrinkled. Well, at least not my uniform! ;-) I should get those by Saturday I am told.

That's about it. I hope to have some REALLY exciting news by the end of next week. We shall see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

At least you're not the only person in the world to have warped your name tapes in the wash. Some friends of mine did as well... oO

Friday, April 14, 2006 4:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home