Thursday, March 30, 2006

Birds Eat Worms

We had a little excitement yesterday. I had to go down to Human Resources to turn in some paperwork. My daughter, Grace, stayed with Grandma all morning. I picked Grace up and we went home.

I opened the door to the house and Grace ran in. I set down my purse, hung up my keys and grabbed the phone to check messages. I had a message from my cousin, Jimmie. He is in the Guard too. I picked up my cell phone and called him. I got him on the phone and he asked me some questions about tryingto go full time military. I was talking and Grace ran in the kitchen laughing and yelling at me. She was jumping around on her chubby three year old legs and pointing towards the livingroom. As I kept talking to Jimmie I went in the livingroom. Grace was shrieking with glee and pointing towards the TV shouting "BIRDIE! MAMA, BIRDIE!"

I looked and looked but could not see what she was talking about. Grace continued to jump and shriek and laugh, all the while pointing at the TV. I got closer and was examining some of her toys trying to figure out what my little girl was trying to communicate. Then I noticed a little flutter from the glass case part of the TV stand. And there, trapped in the case, was a little bird.

I told Jimmie I had to call him back. I tried to retrieve the little bird from the case without hurting him or letting him loose in the house. He pecked me. Not hard, but he let me know he didn't like my huge human arm trying to trap him. Grace laughed and said "Birdie bite mommie!". Then he flew out the small space created by my arm reaching in the case. Grace was in ecstasy! "Birdie FLY!!"

I decided to snap some pictures of the little bird. It was not as easy as it sounds because each time I got close he would get scared and move/fly away. I mumbled under my breath that he needed to stay still. Grace said "Stay still little bird, Mommie taking a picture." I laughed.

I finally snapped these pictures and then opened the back door. Our little fellow hopped out (guess he was tired) and sat on the steps for a second. Then he noticed the freshly tilled ground from my recent gardening efforts in our back flower beds. He hopped into one and proceeded to eat some seeds and look for worms. Grace said "Birds eat verms. EWWWW Naaaaaaastie!" LOL. That's my girlie girl! Here is a picture of her recently watching TV on Josh's bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

*lol*

Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:59:00 PM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

I thought it might be a wren, but I have NO CLUE.

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home