Saturday, May 06, 2006

Last Drill Day

Last night I could hardly sleep. I got about 4 hours of sleep and had to get up at 0500. I showered and got ready to leave for the armory. They were holding the APFT today so I was wearing my PT gear. I passed with no problems.

I had my last drill date today. The National Gurad owes me a day with pay so I asked to take it tomorrow. They said yes.

It was bittersweet saying good-bye to my unit. I haven't been there very long; 8 months... but I have made a few friends. I almost feel guilty leaving. The unit is just standing up and I was their only Commo person. But since I am now a recruiter I will still see the unit once in a while.

I am VERY tired and worn out both physically and emotionally.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Congratulations!!
I know we've never met but I'm still here cheering you on and am so proud of what you're doing! Go girl! You're going to be an awesome recruiter. What spirit you have :)

Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger My Husband's Pampered Princess said...

My hat's off to you girl. I did about 6 months as an intern recruiter while I was in the Reserves awaiting my active duty orders in Fairmont, West Virgina. I loved the recruiting part, hated the pressure. But then again I am the idiot who elected to deploy to Iraq and leave my family for 12 months of physical and emotional hell.

I am happy for you and with your spirit and dedication you will do great. They guy I mentored with, man he had the gift never missing his recruting goals and could have gotten monks in a monastery to sign up. Fairmont was a college town and for him it wasn't as much as he sold the Army, as much as it was he sold himself and people wanted to be a part of whatever made him so self-confident, strong, and proud. He was a great guy. Plus he was driven by the fact that recruiters are a non-deployable job, and he had no desire to deploy and give up recruiting, he just loved his job that much.

I am happy for you and proud. I just wanted to take a second and wish you well.

SGT Grey Eagle
FOB Warrior, Iraq

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:37:00 AM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

My recruiter is like that, he is a GREAT guy. I think I will do well. Thank you for the good wishes. I am praying for your safe return! Hooah!

Friday, May 12, 2006 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home