Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Oh my aching body!!!

Well we *only* shot for 2 and a half hours.... but last night I sat in my Homedics Shiatzu Massage chair for 45 minutes while it worked my low back.

Joe Ranger covered shooting without a sandbag (HARD) and shooting with a sandbag (Easier but felt like the M-16 was propped too high). He ran me through a "course" by putting up all the different size targets and calling them out at random. I did ok. I'll pass.

My right shoulder aches. I have a bruise on my jaw where I wasn't gripping the rifle correctly and when I shot it jerked and hit me. My low back hurts from balancing my weight and holding the rifle up. My knees and elbows are raw. But I am hooked. I loved it.

He stepped on my ankle to get me to drop my feet down and get off my toes. I shot 120 rounds in all.

By the end of my lesson I was beat and ready to go home. I smelled. I smelled of dirt (yes dirt has a smell) and gun powder. I was FILTHY!! But I loved it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bradley said...

NOw you need your own AR-16, or if price is an issue, get a Rugger Mini30 or Mini14. Or if price is a real issue, start off with a rugger 10-22, great guns, fun and it shoots the 22lr ammo cost it very low.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:53:00 AM  
Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

So, what kind of weapon are you going to buy? :)

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger SGT Lori said...

AR-15 Mauser Girl. It will be a while. I priced them. ;-)

Friday, December 22, 2006 6:14:00 PM  
Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

Build your own, and you'll save a lot of money.

You can buy a good lower for around $100 to $150 at a gun shop - the lower is just that, the lower receiver. It's the only part you can't mail order directly to your house since it's the part that you need to do paperwork on.

Everything else you can buy online. You can get complete upper assemblies for around $300 on gun broker most days, and every other parts and magazines as well. :)

Saturday, December 23, 2006 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home