Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bleak House

This doesn't have anything to do with the Military, but have any of you been watching Bleak House, Sunday Nights at 9pm on PBS?? It is a miniseries directed by the same guy who did the A&E production of Pride and Prejudice. P&P is my favorite movie of all time, Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy; help me I am swooning!

Anyway, Bleak House is pretty good. It was written by Charles Dickens and although I am not a big fan of English Lit., too dreary and opressive for me, I *do* love a good romantic "period" peice. Poor Esther Summerson is a not very pretty girl who has a low birth; she is taken in by a very rich and weathly Mr. Jarndice. You will fall in love with Esther, whose looks soon become secondary as her wonderful personality is brought to the fore. Yes, guys, she has a GREAT personality! LOL. The plot thickens as we discover who Esther's parents really are and as the very rich and good Mr. Jarndice falls in love with Esther (who isn't returning his feelings at present)!

I encourage you to watch it. My sister bought the DVD set after just one episode. As soon as she gets it we will be having a Bleak House Marathon (we did the same thing with P&P only I bought the set!). My HUSBAND is even caught up in the story line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home